Paul is a member of Morse Telegraph and wrote this article for their “Dots and Dashes” newsletter. If you are interested in more information about that organization, their website is www.morsetelegraphclub.org.
Steve Karlin posted a video on Facebook from 2009 right before the club’s first tour. Click here to see the post.
The video has also been added to the Tour Photos page.
Auto-registration has been disabled – too many bots out there registering 🙁
If you would like to become a registered user, please email Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s right, Gage earned a BLUE RIBBON for his Garden Railroad project at the Iowa State Fair. Congratulations and well done Gage!
So, you have registered and logged in. It looks a bit different, what can I do? On the upper right hand side, you’ll notice your username. if you hover the mouse over that you should see something like this:
This is where you can edit your profile and fill in your name and also manager your password.
Over on the upper left hand side, you’ll see a ‘+ New’ – this is where you can add content. There are currently four options: Post, Media, Item and Event.
- Media – You can also add this when you are creating a post, so most likely you will not need to use this option.
- Item – We are looking at ways to more easily share what our Library has. This is in a trial mode and may or may not be what we use.
- Event – If you want to share an event that is coming up, you could do it here. I won’t go into details about Events right now, but for the most part it is straight forward to use.
- Post – This is where you can create and share content with the rest of the club. To create a new post, just click on Post. It will take you to a screen similar to what you see below (click it to make it larger):
- Give your post a title
- Add the text you’d like to share.
- If you want to add a picture, click the Add Media button and it will guide you through uploading a picture or document and then placing it on the page. As you can see from this page, you can just insert the pic if it is small enough, or you can insert a smaller pic and link to the actual document to see it full scale.
- Once you are done, you can hit ‘Publish’ on the right side of the page and it will be made visible on the main landing page.
To get back to the main landing page, go up to the top left where it says CIGRS and chose ‘Visit Site’
That’s right, we are opening up the website to you members so that you can add Posts. These can be pictures, links to videos, stories, how-to-do something, etc… but first, you need to become a registered user. Here’s how to do that:
- Click the ‘Login’ menu item.
- Find and then click the ‘Register’ link in the login window that appeared.
- Give yourself a username (note, this cannot be changed) and enter your email address.
- Click the ‘Register’ button.
- An email will be sent with a link for you to assign yourself a password. There is a chance this will go to your Junk or Spam folder, so if you don’t see it in your In-Box, check there.
- Once your password is set up, you can log in and contribute to the website!
- PLEASE complete your profile – add your name, etc… by clicking in the upper right hand corner of the screen and selecting ‘Edit my Profile’
If you have difficulty or need assistance, you can send me an email: email@example.com